Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my kids' favourite meal. And the leftovers make a great sandwich the next day!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground lean pork
- 3⁄4 lb ground veal
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients and form into a long loaf.
- Lay bacon over meatloaf and along the sides.
- Place into a 9x13 baking pan and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
- I usually add nearly cooked potatoes for the last 20-25 minutes and sometimes I even make a gravy from the pan drippings.
- Remove from pan and cover with foil for 5 or 10 minutes to let the juices settle.
- Slice and serve.
Excellent, very moist and tasty. Great for a crowd. I used moose ground meat instead of veal.I will make often.