Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so good and easy to do. Good to just have on hand to eat or to make for a party. Bert - these are going to make you famous!!
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked and thawed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup green olives
- 2 tablespoons green olive juice
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Mix the honey, olive oil, vinegar and Tabasco sauce and lemon juice, stir well. Add olives and olive juice. Let sit for 15 minute.
- Slice onion, either leave in rings or chop- your choice.
- Place onion and shrimp in a container with a lid and pour liquid mixture over.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- ** Make sure the shrimp has already been cooked and if frozen - thawed.
Bert, I made this for poker night and my friends all raved that these are the BEST shrimp they've ever had. You need to go national with these!
This was totally different than what I expected. I didn't realize I needed more shrimp, so only used about 3/4 pound instead of the 2 listed. I will try it with less olive oil, seemed too much. But the marinade tasted fabulous. That's a keeper for me. Thanks.