Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted to have a freezer-to-skillet meal that would cook in 10 minutes similar to the meals for two that Bertolli sells in the freezer case. Rather than preparing this all at once, I filled the bag as I had extra ingredients from preparing other meals.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pre- cooked pasta
- 3⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup baby tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Freeze the pasta sauce in an ice cube tray. Do not fill it full, you want half-full ice cubes.
- Combine sauce cubes, pasta, veggies, and chicken in a freezer bag. Freeze.
- To cook: Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add meal straight from freezer. Cook covered on medium for 10 minutes or until sauce is melted and the vegetables look done. Add cheese and serve.
Made for Pool Party tag May 2010. This is so simple and so good. I like that it is prepped in advance. I made before trip to Florida and froze. When we returned this past weekend we went to cottage and took this along. Perfect! I did not need to hurry up to plan as it was done already just heat and serve. I used sauce already frozen, cut off a hunk of it for the container, used grape tomatoes, red onion, and red and green peppers. The dish looks pretty and it has a freshness to it that says summer dining! Thank you for a simple yet tastey dish. Will use this often!