Meghan Williams's Note:
This is my mother-in-law's very simple version of Shepard's pie. My step kids and husband love this stuff! Makes great leftovers too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) cans vegetable soup with beef stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables (drained) (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced stewed tomatoes (drained, or use small can tomato sauce, which is my preference)
- instant mashed potatoes (to taste)
- shredded cheddar cheese (to taste) or colby cheese (to taste)
- 1Brown beef- crumbly- drain.
- 2Mix beef, soup, corn, vegetables and tomatoes in a 9x13" pan.
- 3Make at least 2 cups of mashed potatoes (I recommend using at least twice that, but I like a nice thick coating), use the directions on the box.
- 4Spread the potatoes over the beef/veggie mix in the 9x13 pan.
- 5Coat the top with the shredded cheese (I use an 8oz bag of shredded cheese, but I like it nice-n-cheesy).
- 6Bake at 350 for 25 minutes (or until cheese is hot and bubbly).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bertha's Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 447.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g