Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For those who don't always like cabbage, let this change their minds! My Dad exclaimed "this is the best cabbage I have EVER had!" All thanks to my mother-in-law from whom I got the recipe :)
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup water
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Accent seasoning (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut up bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Put in pan and begin to cook.
- dice green pepper add to bacon.
- slice onion add to bacon (you may want to microwave onion briefly to soften) Let mixture cook until bacon is mostly done.
- Chop cabbage into preferred size (I like 1 to 2 inch pieces).
- Add cup of water.
- Add seasonings (to taste).
- Add cabbage.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower to medium, cover and let simmer stirring periodically.
- Cook to desired texture.
Outstanding! I used chicken broth in place of water, and skipped the sugar. Yum! I couldn't stop eating it. Highly recommended. Thank you.
This was great! I made the recipe for 2 diners so it went together very quickly and took about 15 minutes to cook. Next time, when the bacon, onion and green pepper are done, I'll blot them and wipe the bacon fat out of the pan with paper towels before adding the cabbage. The finished dish was a bit too oily for my taste. The flavor, texture and color of this dish were superb.