Recipe by Meghan Williams
For those who don't always like cabbage, let this change their minds! My Dad exclaimed "this is the best cabbage I have EVER had!" All thanks to my mother-in-law from whom I got the recipe :)
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup water
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Accent seasoning (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Put in pan and begin to cook.
- dice green pepper add to bacon.
- slice onion add to bacon (you may want to microwave onion briefly to soften) Let mixture cook until bacon is mostly done.
- Chop cabbage into preferred size (I like 1 to 2 inch pieces).
- Add cup of water.
- Add seasonings (to taste).
- Add cabbage.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower to medium, cover and let simmer stirring periodically.
- Cook to desired texture.