- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces Hawaiian bread, sliced in 3/4- to 1-inch thick slices (1/2 a 16 oz loaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients - whisk until well-blended.
- Dip each slice making sure each side gets a good soak (you'll have to acquire a feel for how you like it - too long and it's to soggy, too short and it's too dry).
- Place slice on non-stick / greased griddle (or frying pan) over medium to medium high heat.
- Flip when golden brown on one side.
- Done when golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat and enjoy!