Recipe by hollywall
i learned to make this from a friend from mexico, and it's the best freshest tasting soup i've tasted. i often add a bit of hot sauce, a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro when serving, and sometimes crumble tortilla chips on top, pico de gallo, or avocado
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon instant bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 large potato
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 2 small zucchini
- 8 ounces petite frozen peas
- 8 ounces frozen corn
Directions See How It's Made
- boil chicken in water about 10 minutes or until barely done, remove from water and set aside to shred later.
- to boiling water add onion, potato,carrots and boil about 6 min til tender not soft, add zuchini and cook another 6 minutes,shred chicken and return to pot.
- remove from heat and add peas and corn, no need to boil longer, they will cook in the remaining heat.
- garnish with chili sauce, lime juice, chopped cilantro, avocado and diced tomato or pico de gallo.
- feel free to try other veggie combinations such as yam, pumpkin, etc.