i learned to make this from a friend from mexico, and it's the best freshest tasting soup i've tasted. i often add a bit of hot sauce, a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro when serving, and sometimes crumble tortilla chips on top, pico de gallo, or avocado
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1boil chicken in water about 10 minutes or until barely done, remove from water and set aside to shred later.
- 2to boiling water add onion, potato,carrots and boil about 6 min til tender not soft, add zuchini and cook another 6 minutes,shred chicken and return to pot.
- 3remove from heat and add peas and corn, no need to boil longer, they will cook in the remaining heat.
- 4garnish with chili sauce, lime juice, chopped cilantro, avocado and diced tomato or pico de gallo.
- 5feel free to try other veggie combinations such as yam, pumpkin, etc.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berta's Sopa - Homemade Vegetable Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 367.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant bouillon granules