Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I served this to a German friend & she said I was the only American she had met that knew how to cook sauerkraut! Very tasty & meat is oh, so tender.
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil in large fry pan.
- Brown pork chops.
- Remove from pan.
- Sauté onion until tender.
- Add sugar and work up all browned stuff in pan.
- Add sauerkraut and mix well.
- Put chops on top and cover.
- Lower heat and simmer until meat is cooked- about 10 minutes.
Yum Yum! Used boneless pork chops and did the whole thing in the slow cooker. Excellent fare! Used a teeny bit more sugar than called for; I have made a similar thing before with ribs, but the addition of the onions to the kraut was awesome! In my top ten recipes of all of Zaar! Thanks!
This was great! I fixed this last night for supper and we loved it. Served it with mashed potatoes and black eyed peas! Yummy! This is a keeper.My husband wants to know when we can have it again.
To DoQu Russell: Oh Yummie!!!! This dish of yours is outstanding and so simple and quick to fix. We really enjoyed it. Kudos to you! Sincerely, Laudee