Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These wonderful muffins are jam packed full of berries making them just perfect for a summer time treat. I like to make them when some of my berries are beginning to look a little tired. Frozen berries can be used too. I always buy extra bags of cranberries and store them in the freezer to use year round.
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the berries, orange zest and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until nice and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the berry mixture.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.