Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugared raspberries (optional)
- 1 cup sugared blackberry (you can add any berries eg. strawberries, blueberries etc.) (optional)
- Scald milk until bubbles form around edge.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and salt, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in half and half, vanilla, whipping cream.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Prior to freezing add berries.
- Freeze according to your machines directions.
made with with my KitchenAid Ice cream maker attachment. It was wonderful, a treat and so easy. Wonderful consistency and flavour. Thank you for submitting this I will use it over and over again.
This recipe with strawberries, tastes just like how my mom used to make it when I was little. Thank you for this great recipe!
We made this using raspbarries and strawberries. It turned out tastey and creamy. The berries did not over power the vanilla in the ice cream. I liked that. We chopped the strawberries with a knife. The next time I will put them in the food processor for a couple of bursts. I did not care for the larger chuncks. They froze to hard.