Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a thick smoothie that tastes a lot like the ones from Jamba juice (but healthier)! This is really good on a hot summer day or is you want your kids to get more fruit in their diets!
- 1⁄2 banana
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (or half of each) or 1 cup blueberries (or half of each)
- 1⁄4 cup motts brand light apple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) container nonfat yogurt (any berry flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- Splenda sugar substitute
- add the yogurt, fruit, juice, ice, and splenda into the blender (in this order helps the blender blade puree easier).
- blend until free of fruit or ice chunks.
A very delicious smoothie, YoungOne16. The combination of berries works really well in this smoothie, and the yogurt gives it the creamy texture needed (I suppose the "shake" element). I used only one packet of artificial sweetener and it was just perfect for us...not too overly sweet and still let the berry flavors shine through. I enjoyed this a great deal. Thanks. Made for the Spring 2014 Pick-A-Chef event.
A really nice smoothie, full of goodness, gorgeous colour too, toddler DD & I enjoyed it. Thankyou!