Recipe by Stacey Sweet
I thought I would add this for valentines day. It is a pretty cake and you may wish to decorate the center with your favorite berry flavored yogurt with additional berries surrounding the cake. A great dessert for those who do not have a big sweet tooth.
Top Review by ColoradoCookin'
I made this cake according to the directions, only I doubled the recipe so I could send it to work with my husband for a special occasion. At 47 minutes the cake was very over baked and had fallen in the center. I'm assuming the center falling was my fault, but the cooking time was quite off ... at least over here. I suggest you bake it for 38 minutes then check it every 5 mins or so. I trimmed the edges, cut each 9 inch round into halves and layed the cake alternating between cake and a strawberry yogurt, whipped cream and strawberry puree mixture. Even though I had the problems I did the cake was still tasty.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberry yogurt or 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Cream the butter. Gradually add the brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Blend in the flour and the yogurt alternating between the two.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, turn out of the mold and continue to cool on a wire rack.
- Dust entire cake with icing sugar to cover.