Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you do not like soy milk, you may be surprised that you like this smoothie. You cannot taste the soy at all, and the vanilla flavor adds to the wonderful blend of flavors in this smoothie. This is a VERY thick smoothie, and I use it to substitute meals, esp. breakfast. Adding a powder vitamin mix, such as Citriboost or other powder/liquid vitamins works like magic in this smoothie. I use a packet of Splenda to sweeten this but 1/2 tsp. of sugar works too. I have never tried this with milk, I'm not sure it would come close to the same as mine. (this stores wonderfully in the fridge! I just put the lid on the blender container and toss it in the fridge for tomorrows breakfast!)
- 2 fresh bananas (use large banana's or 3 small)
- 236.59 ml frozen strawberries (I use a berry blend, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 236.59 ml non-fat vanilla yogurt (I use silk, vanilla soy yogurt, and 1 cup is the equiv. of 1 small yogurt)
- 177.44 ml vanilla-flavored soymilk (just add soy milk until you get a good consistency for your shake, make it a little thin)
- 1 g packet Splenda sugar substitute (1/2 tsp. Splenda or 1/2 tsp. sugar or 1/2 tsp honey)
- 3 ice cubes
- Starting with banana's put all ingredients except ice into blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ice cubes, this will thicken and lighten the color of your smoothie.
- Pour into glasses, and use a straw. YUM!
Light and refreshing. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, midnight snack...
this makes a nice quick snack for 3 or 4 people. We used frozen blueberries for the fruit, and because we had only plain yoghurt and soy milk (both "light"), we used 1.5 tsp vanilla. For sweetener we used 1 TBS sugar. So delicious and healthy, and did i mention super-easy?
Several mornings out of the week, DH and I have muffins and a smoothie for breakfast. This has become a standard in our house. If the bananas are fully ripe, I usually omit the Splenda and often mix it up with different flavors of yogurt (always low-fat, no added sugar).