Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
If you do not like soy milk, you may be surprised that you like this smoothie. You cannot taste the soy at all, and the vanilla flavor adds to the wonderful blend of flavors in this smoothie. This is a VERY thick smoothie, and I use it to substitute meals, esp. breakfast. Adding a powder vitamin mix, such as Citriboost or other powder/liquid vitamins works like magic in this smoothie. I use a packet of Splenda to sweeten this but 1/2 tsp. of sugar works too. I have never tried this with milk, I'm not sure it would come close to the same as mine. (this stores wonderfully in the fridge! I just put the lid on the blender container and toss it in the fridge for tomorrows breakfast!)
- 2 fresh bananas (use large banana's or 3 small)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (I use a berry blend, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (I use silk, vanilla soy yogurt, and 1 cup is the equiv. of 1 small yogurt)
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk (just add soy milk until you get a good consistency for your shake, make it a little thin)
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (1/2 tsp. Splenda or 1/2 tsp. sugar or 1/2 tsp honey)
- 3 ice cubes