Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this with my children after trying to find something they could help with in the kitchen. They had this for breakfast and made more and more batches until I ran out of watermelon! Can also be frozen for an ice block or sorbet-type dessert
- 1⁄4 watermelon
- 125 g frozen mixed berries or 125 g fresh mixed berries
- 1 -2 banana
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk (soy or rice milk works too, Can use any juice as substitute) (optional)
- ice (optional)
- Blend watermelon into a juice.
- Add bananas (use mainly to thicken).
- Throw in other ingredients, all according to taste.
- Can pour over more ice cubes if desired.
I'm so sorry, but this one was just not to our liking. I think perhaps it was the proportions. As my watermelon was HUGE, there was no way I could get 1/4 of it in the blender so I had to guess on how much would be correct. I tried this several ways but just could not get it to be one we would drink. I think the idea is great, I just think more guidance would be good. (What kinds of berries work best, and actual amounts.) Thanks so much for posting a healthy one to try. Sorry it did not work out for us.
So refreshing! I used fresh strawberries and a splash of milk. I did not use any ice this time, but I can see that being a good option too. Thanks for sharing! ~PAC Spring '10~