My friend emailed this recipe to me as a quick, easy, no eggs/no milk dessert. It doesn't have to be for breakfast at all. The original recipe called for Cherry filling, but I prefer to use Blackberry filling. I changed the name to "Berry" because you could use any you wish. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9 X 13-inch pan baking dish/pan. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and 1/2 C margarine with an electric mixer. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- To the large bowl, add the 1 C of water and the water/oil/baking powder mixture and the vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Drop pie filling by spoonfuls over the top of the batter.
- Cut 1 T margarine into the reserved cup of flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of pie filling.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.