1/5 Photos of Berry Vanilla Breakfast Cake
1 hr 15 mins
My friend emailed this recipe to me as a quick, easy, no eggs/no milk dessert. It doesn't have to be for breakfast at all. The original recipe called for Cherry filling, but I prefer to use Blackberry filling. I changed the name to "Berry" because you could use any you wish. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9 X 13-inch pan baking dish/pan. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and 1/2 C margarine with an electric mixer. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- 3To the large bowl, add the 1 C of water and the water/oil/baking powder mixture and the vanilla extract. Beat well.
- 4Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- 5Drop pie filling by spoonfuls over the top of the batter.
- 6Cut 1 T margarine into the reserved cup of flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of pie filling.
- 7Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Vanilla Breakfast Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 43.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g