Recipe by camillejanvaldez
Delicious mixed berry turnovers with cream cheese icing! My boyfriend eats these by the dozen =)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (21 ounce) can raspberry pie filling
- 3 cups mixed berries
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Take each biscuit and roll into a flat circle, set aside
- Mix berries and half the can of the raspberry pie filling, set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar and water until desired icing consistency, set aside.
- In a seperate bowl mix flour, sugars, cinnamon vanilla extract
- Cut the butter in streudel with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- The Assembly:.
- Take a biscuit round.
- Put a spoonful of the filling in the center.
- Fold over to create a half moon and seal edges.
- Dip turnover in butter.
- Dip turnover into streudel mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the biscuit rounds
- Place turnovers on a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place icing in a piping bag (or what I do is put icing in a zip lock bag and cut a notch).
- When cooled, pipe the icing onto the turnovers!