Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Surprise everyone at the table with this cake! The inside's full of fruit and cream!
Top Review by Prayztwice
My cake turned into a disaster! I ended up tossing the entire thing in the trash..I used a store bought angel cake. The sides caved in before I could make a sufficient tunnel to fill. I tried anyway. Not a good scene. I bet it tasted good, but the mess...and I'm sure it was my fault...made this inedible, since I was planning to take it to Easter dinner. I'll try again.
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh sliced berries
- food coloring (optional)
- 12 ounces whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top 1/4 of the cake off and set aside. Hollow out a tunnel in the cake leaving 1/2 inch walls on either side.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the food coloring and extract.
- Cube the cake removed from the tunnel and add them and the berries into the bowl. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon into the tunnel and replace cake top.
- Spread the cake with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.