Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used raspberries in this recipe but I have found you can use any kind of berry. I also tried it with blackberries because that was what I had a lot of them in my freezer. I used one of the homemade recipes for sweetened condensed milk using powdered milk and it was delicious prepared that way. No need to purchased expensive sweetened condensed milk.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine raspberries and cornstarch; cook and stir until thickened and clear.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with condensed milk, lemon juice and if desired, yellow food coloring.
- Pour into crust; bake 30 minutes. when cool, spoon raspberry mixture evenly over top.
- Chill four hours or until set.
- Spread with whipped topping.