Recipe by daisygrl64
This strawberry shortcake is an easy summertime dessert. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
Top Review by twissis
This is a delicious & ingredient-friendly easy-fix ... esp for those who favor a more cake-like shortcake. I definitely suggest a toothpick test for doneness as my 1st effort was not fully-cooked & fell in the center. However, it was so good that a 2nd effort (toothpick-tested & cooked to a darker brown color) was true perfection. Thx for posting this yummy recipe. :-) - Edited to Add - Since I have memorized your recipe, I thought it was about time I posted a pic for you. :-)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- strawberry, to serve
- sweetened whipped cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 400*F.
- in small mixer bowl combine all cake ingredients except strawberries and whipped cream.
- beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until well mixed.
- spread into greased and floured 9" square baking pan.
- bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- cool completely.
- cut into squares. if desired, split each square in half horizontally, serve with strawberries and sweetened whipped cream.