Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
Here's another one of my Surprise Cupcake recipes.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (1/2 ounce) strawberry fruit snacks, sheets
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes fruit snacks, shapes for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place paper liners in 24 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups.
- Combine cake mix, egg whites, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fill each liner half full with batter.
- Cut three fruit snack sheets into 9 equal pieces. (You will have 3 extra squares.) Place each fruit snack piece on top of batter in each cup. Pour remaining batter equally over each. Bake at 350°F for 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes with Vanilla frosting. Decorate with fruit snack shapes, if desired.
- Variation To make a Berry Surprise Cake, prepare cake following package directions. Pour half the batter into prepared 13×9×2-inch pan. Place 4 fruit snack sheets evenly on top. Pour remaining batter over all. Bake and cool as directed on package. Frost and decorate as directed.