Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Calories 370 / fat 4.5g / fiber 3g / carbs 68g. Weight Watchers 7 points per serving
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries, about 1/2 lb (blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 10 ounces French bread (1 small loaf)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray
- Place berries in a small bowl and sprinkle with powdered sugar. For the sauce, spoon about 1/4 of the berries, sweetened condensed milk and yogurt into a blender (or food processor) and puree until smooth; set aside.
- Cut bread into twelve 1 1/2-inch pieces. Cut into each piece almost all the way through to create a pocket. Stuff the bread slices with remaining sweetened berries and press lightly to close; set aside. Reserve any unused berries to garnish top at serving time.
- Whisk egg, egg white, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Dip stuffed bread slices in egg mixture to coat and cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
- Spoon sauce onto serving plate, arrange French toast on top and garnish with any remaining berries.
This recipe seems so much more elaborate than it really is. I couldn't believe how simple this was to put together for how elegant of a breakfast it is. Thanks for sharing!