Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another simple no-bake summer dessert courtesy of Kraft. Can be made the night before as needs time to chill.
- 1 (298 g) package butter pound cake, cut into 12 slices
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries (halve the strawberries if using)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (113 g) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 3⁄4 cups Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- Arrange cake slices on bottom of a 13x9" dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Drizzle with juice. Top with berries. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk for 2 minute Gently stir in 3/4 cup of cool whip. Spread over the berries. Top with remaining mixed topping.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hours.
This is fast and DH liked it a lot. I made this for his family with only strawberries as that is what I had on hand. The store bought freezer section pound cake I used was somewhat too small and it didn't quite fit the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch pan cut into 12 slices. I used Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding plus the rest of the ingredients. I would make this again but cut more slices if I use the same cake to fit the whole pan.