Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This dessert is so easy to make. You can use whatever combination of berries you like.
Make and share this Berry Sour Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13" by 9" by 2" baking dish. Sprinkle with raspberries and blueberries.
- Bake in a 325* oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Glaze: In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter, vanilla extract and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistencey. Drizzle over warm cake. Cook on a wire rack.
I baked this in loaf pans. I used a combo of frozen berries (blueberries and raspberries) and mixed them in the batter as well as sprinkled the berries on top. I added a dash of salt to the recipe and some cream cheese to the glaze. The cake came out SUPER moist and my BF said this cake was delicious. I will be making this again. Excellent recipe.
Fabulous cake! My husband raved! The next time I will cut back on the glaze by half though. I found it was way too much. Made for Cake-A-Thon in memory of Chef I Am. :)