Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is Jell-O for grown-ups. :) Cook time is chilling time.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry Jell-O gelatin (or strawberry, cherry or mixed berry, but I prefer the raspberry)
- 1 1⁄2 cups very hot water, not quite boiling
- 1 cup bacardi golden rum (depends how strong you want them, I use just 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sour apple liqueur (Pucker brand schnapps)
- Place very hot water in a bowl; add jell-o powder and mix thoroughly to completely dissolve the powder.
- Stir in rum and Pucker.
- Pour into a lightly greased (for easier removal) rectangular pan.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours or until completely set.
- Cut into squares or use small cookie cutters to cut shapes and place each in a foil mini loaf or foil cupcake baking liner.
- Keep out of the kids' reach.
- Serve cold.
These were good- there were one of the two that actually turned out for a New Years Eve party we took them too. I think I'm going to try more sour apple & less rum next time (maby 1 c pucker & 1/2 c rum like another reviewer suggested?)
I was hoping for more apple flavor. . .next time I will add 1 cup pucker and 1/2 cup rum, as I love the concept of raspberry with apple! Made for a Bachelorette party this weekend.
These were great, I ended up using vodka instead of rum since I didn't have any and don't really care for it anyways. I had several friends say these were perfect.