Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was craving fresh fruit for breakfast and only had frozen, but I ran across this recipe in Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Sept-Oct '99. Patricia Mahoney of Presque Isle, Maine says it's difficult to get everyone to eat breakfast before school in the morning, and this gives a delicious and nutritious easy start. If fresh mint were in season, I would definitely throw in a few sprigs for flavor next time. Of course fresh fruit would be even more delicious, but this is a great winter alternative to beat the doldrums. YUM!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberry, frozen and unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries, frozen and unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ice cube
- Place the milk, berries, and sugar in a blender.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and cover and process until smooth.