Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Filling substitute for any meal. Has protein, fruit, dairy and tastes like a dessert. I make this in my Magic Bullet blender; it fills the entire glass, and I don't have to try to pour it into anything else. What I'm left with is the one glass to wash! It seriously tastes like a thick milk shake.
- 2 (4 ounce) cartons light vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberry, raspberries, blackberries & blueberries, fresh frozen or packaged)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (optional)
- Put frozen banana and berries on microwave-safe dish and defrost in microwave approximately 1 minute (I keep it hi-power). This makes it easier to blend, but still keeps it chilled.
- Put one container of yogurt, the banana (peeled & sliced), cinnamon and sweetener in blender or "Magic Bullet" and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining fruit and the second container of yogurt and blend until smooth and pink or purple!
- Add walnuts(optional) and blend until smooth.
I, like the other reviewer, had to add liquid (some water and some non-fat milk) to get the smoothie thin enough to pour. Good overall flavor though!!! I really liked the cinnamon and the walnuts.
Loved this!! It was delicious with the yogurt. I did have to add a tad of water and non fat milk because I used all frozen berries and bananas. I also only used a pinch of sweetener. Thanks!