Recipe by sydsmama
These are very easy, fun for kids, and taste great! From The Rainbow Bakery children's cookbook by Gold Medal.
Top Review by Bobbin
Fantastic. I used all strawberries and added in one mashed banana. I also cut the sugar down to about 1/3 c, used applesauce in place of the oil, and used whole wheat flour. These were so moist and delicious. For me this recipe made 14 regular muffins (cupcake size). I love them and my kids did, too. NOTE: DO NOT USE the paper liners. We lose about 1/3 of the muffin as it sticks to the liner. However, the mini-muffins I made and sprayed with non-stick spray came out perfectly.
- 395.10 ml fresh strawberries
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
- Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork.
- Stir in sugar, oil and eggs until mixed.
- Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Tip: If you do not have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries that you have thawed and drained.