Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The best sangria I have ever had! This is great for parties as it can be served by the glass or as a punchbowl and can be prepared the day before to give the flavors even more time to meld. The cook time is actually the chill time.
- Combine wine, juice, and 1/2 cup sugar in a serving bowl.
- In food processor puree half of strawberries, half of raspberries, and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix with wine. If preparing the day ahead stop here.
- Slice rest of strawberries and mix with 2 T of sugar.
- When ready to serve add sliced strawberries and raspberries and orange slices to wine.
- Pour into glasses and serve or serve in punchbowl.
This was very good. I like the fruit in it, but wonder if I might like it better strained (the pureed part did make it a bit chunky). I cut the sugar about 25% for our tastes. ETA: I changed my rating from 4 to 5 stars. The first day we drank this after about 7 hours. We had what was left 24 hours later, and it really improved, enough to increase the rating by one star. I also think if you had a super blender the chunks of fruit might not be an issue.
I totally agree that this is the best sangria ever! I was looking for the olive garden berry sangria recipe and I came across this one. I doubled the recipe because I was having a party and I used a bottle of the cheapest merlot I could find and it still came out fantastic!!! This is my new signature drink!