Recipe by JPsBarbie
The best sangria I have ever had! This is great for parties as it can be served by the glass or as a punchbowl and can be prepared the day before to give the flavors even more time to meld. The cook time is actually the chill time.
Top Review by Maito
This was very good. I like the fruit in it, but wonder if I might like it better strained (the pureed part did make it a bit chunky). I cut the sugar about 25% for our tastes. ETA: I changed my rating from 4 to 5 stars. The first day we drank this after about 7 hours. We had what was left 24 hours later, and it really improved, enough to increase the rating by one star. I also think if you had a super blender the chunks of fruit might not be an issue.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle beaujolais wine or 1 (750 ml) bottle red Zinfandel wine, chilled
- 2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice, cocktail chilled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 small oranges, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, juice, and 1/2 cup sugar in a serving bowl.
- In food processor puree half of strawberries, half of raspberries, and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix with wine. If preparing the day ahead stop here.
- Slice rest of strawberries and mix with 2 T of sugar.
- When ready to serve add sliced strawberries and raspberries and orange slices to wine.
- Pour into glasses and serve or serve in punchbowl.