Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 300 g frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1⁄2 cup mint (small leaves torn)
- Combine berries, sugar and juice in a bowl and stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until berries have thawed.
- Sprinkle mint just before serving.
This was a lovely treat Pat. We enjoyed it very much. I used a combination of frozen berries; wild blueberries, blackberries, black currants, strawberries, raspberries and cherries. The fresh squeezed orange juice adds a lovely tang as does the mint. I used spearmint leaves as that is all I have left in my garden now. A wonderful light and tasty treat, which I garnished with a little whipped cream, drizzled with juice from the berries and mint for a nice dessert.
I'm not so sure about the salad part of this, but it definitely works as a topping for frozen yogurt as well as not cereal! Definitely a nice recipe to have around, so think I'll be keeping it on file! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]