Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
A different rum punch. Great for big get togethers. Preparation time does not include chill time.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2/3 cup water and sugar to boil in medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; cool syrup completely. Puree 2 cups raspberries in processor. Pour puree through a fine strainer set over saucepan with syrup. Press on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids.
- Mix orange juice, and next 6 ingredients, 1 cup berries and raspberry syrup in a glass bowl. Cover; chill at least hours and up to 1 day. Strain into pitcher. Serve punch over ice.