Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Scandinavia. Posted for ZWT 2006. Preparation time does not include time to chill the pudding.
- Combine fruit and sugar with 1 cup water in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 10, until the mixture is mostly liquid and the berries are soft.
- Put through a strainer, getting as much juice as possible. Add water, if necessary to make juice mixture equal 1 quart.
- Cool. Add lemon juice. Taste and add more sugar or lemon juice if you like.
- Put 1/4 cup water in a small sauce pan and sprinkle the gelatin onto it.
- Cook over low heat until dissolved.
- Stir gelatin into the fruit juice and pour into individual bowls.
- Chill until firm.
- Whip the heavy cream until it holds soft peaks.
- Beat in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with berry pudding.
Was able to find fresh blueberries & raspberries, but the rest were frozen! Other than that, I did follow the recipe & had A GREAT TASTING DESSERT! Still, as much as I understand that this is apparently how Scandinavians usually make their berry desserts, another time I definitely want to make this without straining the berries (thus keeping all that nutrition)! Thanks for a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement cooking game]