Recipe by YummySmellsca
I made these lemon, blueberry, oat and white chocolate chip muffins for the Father's Day breakfast at school, boosting the "power" of them with some vanilla protein powder and low fat yogurt and adding a bit of childlike whimsy with Cheerios!
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt or 2 cups low-fat lemon yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Beat together the yoghurt, milk, lemon zest, butter, sugars, vanilla, lemon extract and egg until well combined.
- Add the flours, oats, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the berries, Cheerios and white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.