Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this pie for a boy friend long ago & for my husband. I wish I could have had a photo of their faces. They didn't want me to know how "tough" the pie was to cut and they were really fooled. Have a real pie prepared....so they won't be so disappointed.
- pastry for double-crust pie, for top & bottom crust
- 1 (6 ounce) bag cotton balls
- 2 tablespoons grape jam or 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- Place bottom crust in pie pan.
- Fill tightly with cotton balls.
- Cut a few slashes in top crust & place over cotton.
- Crimp edges as you would for pie.
- Drizzle a small amount of jelly on top crust where filling "would run over".
- Bake in 350 oven on bottom rack, watching very carefully till pie looks done. (I am not sure this would work in an electric oven).
This pie is dusgusting. Well, well, well, I found that my daughter thought it would be funny to comment on various recipes that I have never tried and give her two cents! I think this is a cute idea, probably very disgusting indeed but looks as if someone played a trick on me! I apologize for the "april fool" rating!
You are evil! I loved it. Too bad April 1 falls on a Sunday this year, otherwise I would have brought one to the office.