Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this pie for a boy friend long ago & for my husband. I wish I could have had a photo of their faces. They didn't want me to know how "tough" the pie was to cut and they were really fooled. Have a real pie prepared....so they won't be so disappointed.
- pastry for double-crust pie, for top & bottom crust
- 1 (6 ounce) bag cotton balls
- 2 tablespoons grape jam or 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- Place bottom crust in pie pan.
- Fill tightly with cotton balls.
- Cut a few slashes in top crust & place over cotton.
- Crimp edges as you would for pie.
- Drizzle a small amount of jelly on top crust where filling "would run over".
- Bake in 350 oven on bottom rack, watching very carefully till pie looks done. (I am not sure this would work in an electric oven).