Recipe by QueenJellyBean
I love this berry pie. Make it with one berry or a combination of different berries. I think I originally got the recipe of the food network site.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 quart fresh berries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a 9 inch pie plate, sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- In a glass measuring cup whisk together 1/2 c oil and 3 T milk.
- Pour over flour mixture in pie plate, mixing with a fork until evenly dampened. If it is still too dry to work with your hands, mix a little more oil with milk and add to flour mixture.
- With your hands, press dough evenly against the bottom and the sides of the pie plate allowing the excess to fall on the counter. You should end up with about a 1/3 of a cup of "crumb" mixture for a crumble topping.
- Flatten edges around pie edge with fork dipped in milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash berries. Add cornstarch, sugar,cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir gently. Place berry mixture in pie plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Place slices of butter over top of berries. Then top with reserved crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, checking after 30 minutes to ensure that crust is not too brown. If the crust is browning too quickly, tent with aluminum foil.
- Is best served warm with vanilla bean ice cream!