Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From another email
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups soda cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce) can raspberry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Beat in the cream of tartar.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- This will take 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and beat briefly until blended inches
- Use a spatula to fold in the pecan bits and cracker crumbs.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x1 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool in refrigerator until completely cold.
- Whip the cream and spread it over the crust.
- When serving, spoon the pie filing over each individual piece.