Recipe by Dancer^
Very refreshing summer beverage best enjoyed from large wine glasses, filled with ice and garnished with fruit. From edibleportland.com and the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission.
Top Review by bella214
Now this is my kind of drink. I used Burgundy wine, fresh blackberries and served these in large red wine glasses. The fruit juice, fresh fruit and wine all came together to give a refreshing and full bodied flavor. I can hardly wait to throw a party and serve these to our friends. Thanks Dancer^
- 3 cups dry red table wine, such as a burgundy
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (or juice of 2 large oranges)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (or juice of 1 large lemon)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen) or 1 cup blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- 2 peaches, quartered and sliced
- 12 ounces club soda or 12 ounces sparking mineral water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a punch bowl or 2 1/2 quart pitcher, stir together first 5 ingredients.
- When sugar is dissolved, add berries and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to mingle.
- About 1 hour before serving, add peaches.
- Add soda/mineral water to sangría just before serving.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with berries and fruit slices.