Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This is a delicious dessert, easily prepared in your crock pot. Don't expect the topping to brown - but do expect a great dessert!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed but not drained
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen mixed unsweetened berries (raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries) or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed but not drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package unsweetened frozen peach slices, thawed but not drained
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- sweetened whipped cream
- In a crock pot combine the fruits with their juices, granulated sugar, and 1/3 cup flour.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Stir well.
- Just before the time is up, in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the remaining 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and the salt.
- Process to mix well.
- Add the butter and process until cut into fine crumbs.
- Add the cream and vanilla and process until the mixture holds together and forms a soft ball.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls, evenly on top of the fruit.
- Dust the mounds of dough lightly with the cinnamon-sugar.
- Cover and continue cooking on high (do not cook on the low heat setting as the dough will not cook properly) about 1 1/2 hours or until the dough is cooked through.
- Serve with whipped cream.