Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
You will love this sweet airy desert. I know I do.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 pint raspberries, if available
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 250°F or 225°C fan-forced.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add super fine sugar, beating well between additions.
- Fold in vinegar and cornflour.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of mixture onto baking paper lined baking trays.
- Using a small spatula flatten into discs.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 50 minutes or until dried out.
- Turn off oven, and wedge open door with a wooden spoon until meringues are cold.
- Meanwhile make berry salsa.
- To make berry salsa:.
- Heat sugar, zest and orange juice in small saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- Add half of the blueberries.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered 5 minutes.
- Pour blueberry mixture over combined remaining berries; toss to combine.
- Top each meringue with some of the whipped cream and some of the berry mixture on top and drizzled to one side.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Times do not include cooling time.