Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Famous Family Favorites Cookbook. Collected By The Business And Professional Women's Club Of Corning, New York. The recipe was submitted by Sylvia Wagner.
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup oleo (butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup red raspberry preserves
- Combine sugar, cream cheese and oleo, mixing well till blended; add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients; add alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- Pour over top of cake the red raspberry preserves.
- Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle top with a vanilla glaze when cool.