Recipe by A Messy Cook
This yummy, wholesome recipe is from JustBerryRecipes.com. Check the site out -- perfect for summer, when the fresh fruit is pouring in!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in small bowl; set aside and let stand.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, brown sugar, stir well.
- Add egg and melted butter to oats.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until all is moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin pan until three-quarters full each. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes.