Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for breakfast!
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together in another bowl.
- Grate the zest from the orange into another bowl.
- Squeeze enough juice from the orange to measure 1/2 cup and add to the orange zest.
- Whisk the sugar, oil, and egg into the orange juice mixture until mixed.
- Stir in the oats mixture.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries and cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the muffins test done.