You can do a lot of variations using different preserves. Simple and yummy with a nice presentation.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup seedless strawberry preserves (or cherry, blueberry, raspberry, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds (or sliced)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 13x9 dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of cake mix.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining cake mix, cornflake crumbs, 1 egg and 1/4 c of the butter.
- Press into the bottom and partially up the sides of the greased baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar substitute, almond extract and remaining 2 eggs until smooth and spread over crust.
- Spoon dollops of preserves over cream cheese and swirl gently.
- Sprinkle reserved cake mix over top and drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds and bake an additional 25 minutes or until set.
- Cook completely and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve slightly cool.
These were so easy to make and the taste reminds me of a cheese danish. They are very sweet so I cut them into small servings. They were a big hit at the BBQ I served them at.