Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are delish, chewy and great with a cup of coffee or tall glass of cold milk.
Make and share this Berry Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Add to creamed mixture and stir well.
- Add oats and cranberries. Mix well.
- Cover bowl and let it chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 2 cookie sheets or cover with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into walnut-size balls and place them 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a fork that has be dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. makes 36 cookies.
- Additional Hint; I used Parkay Tub margarine and orange flavored cranberries. It gave the cookies a hint of orange flavor. Cranberries come in different flavors from Ocean Spray so these cookies can take on yummy results.
- I also did not chill the dough and used a medium cookie scoop and I did press them with a fork dipped in sugar. These cookies do spread so make sure they are at least 2 inches apart. They were a hit with my family.
We all but inhaled these delectable delights today! Most of the cookies I bake are chocolate based, so this was a rare treat and my family was thrilled with the results. I used real butter, chilled the dough for a full hour and decided to not use a fork to smash them down. They were nicely shaped, didn't spread and came out so chewy inside with a crisp outside. I will definitely make these again! MERP'd for my adopted PAC baby in Spring '11.