Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
I got this from Better Homes and Gardens. Haven't made it yet but it sounds good.
- 2 cups multi-grain flakes cereal with oat clusters cranberries and almonds
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 slices French bread (3/4-inch-thick slices) or 4 slices Italian bread (3/4-inch-thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fruit syrup or maple syrup or apricot preserves, warmed
- Coarsely crush the cereal and place in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- 2. In another shallow bowl beat eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well mixed. Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture until moistened, turning to coat, then dip both sides in crushed cereal until coated.
- 3. In a large skillet or griddle melt butter over medium-high heat. Add bread slices and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp. Serve with warm syrup or preserves.
I've gotten in the habit over the past year of using a whole-grain, nutty bread when I make French toast, & did that very thing with this recipe ~ OUTSTANDING! i served it with sides of maple syrup & apricot preserves, & although my other half liked it with the syrup, I preferred the preserves! Definitely a keepr of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]