These were made for the Ready Steady Cook #11 contest. These are a real treat for any pancake fans with a real sweet tooth. The batter is a thinner type of pancake batter.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, sale and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk and oil until they are combined.
- Pour the bowl of liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until it is a smooth and creamy batter without lumps.
- Stir in the finely chopped pecans.
- Heat a griddle and once hot drop the batter in equal portions onto the griddle. Turn the pancakes when the edges are golden brown and bubbles start to appear in the middle.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, stack them up into equal stack on five plates (or more or less depending on how many pancakes you like at a time).
- Place two pecans in the middle of each top pancake.
- Slice one strawberry per pancake stack and arrange the slices around the two pecans.
- Place the 1/4 cup honey in the microwave for between 25 and 30 seconds being careful not to touch the hot honey with your fingers when you take it out.
- Stir two teaspoons of the raspberry preserves into the hot honey until they are combined. Let cool for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the raspberry honey over the pancakes and serve.