Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is a lovely ending to a summer meal: sweet and colorful fruit topped with luscious cream cheese. Recipe is from Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 4 medium nectarines, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- Place nectarines in large bowl; combine sugar and ginger, sprinkle over nectarines, and stir gently to coat.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring once.
- Drain nectarines and reserve liquid.
- Gently stir raspberries and blueberries into nectarines.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in reserved liquid, spoon over fruit, and serve immediately.
I only had 2 overripe nectarines on hand, but did the same prep work. Unfortunately there was almost no liquid to drain after the 1 hour refridgeration time. It didn't matter though because we ate it with whipped cream instead. Delish.
This was a lovely light fruit salad with all the fruit complimenting one another beautifully. The cream cheese topping coated the fresh fruit perfectly, with a sweet and tangy flavor that is spiced with lemon and ginger. I enjoyed this very much and will make again and again.