Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The ladies just love baked goods. I like to make this with whatever fresh fruit I have on hand, like blueberries and cherries. It also works great with frozen berries. I buy those little cups of applesauce, they're about 1/4 cup. I like to make these mini-muffins. I use 350 degrees F for 15 minutes in a convection oven.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup cherries, stoned and chopped or 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; grease and flour muffin pan.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon; in another bowl, slightly beat the egg, beat in milk and applesauce.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; stir in berries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full; bake about 20 minutes for regular-sized muffins and 15 minutes for mini-muffins at 375 degrees.